Last Updated: May 26, 2020
- We may collect some information on you, but you control how much you share about yourself.
- We do not collect information from children under 13 years of age.
- We take your information seriously.
- We will not sell or rent your personally identifiable data but may share with our vendors, suppliers and partners in connection with the services you are seeking.
- If we use a third party to assist us, they will be bound to protect your information.
- We may use and sell aggregate information.
- In certain legal situations, we may be compelled to disclose your personal information, but we will let you know if that occurs.
- If you are outside the United States, you understand and agree that we may store your information in the United States.
What Data We Collect.
Customers and Users voluntarily provide us data, including data that can be used to directly or indirectly identify an individual (“Personally Identifiable Data”) when they access our Platform or use and purchase our products and services.
Data Provided By Users and Customers May Include:
- Name, address, email, telephone number, username and password (collectively referred to as “Account Information”)
- Credit card, debit card, banking or other payment information (which may be provided to a third party provider that we use)
- Information submitted as a result of completing forms, entering a promotion or survey or subscribing to, commenting on or downloading information from our Platform
- Customer or User content stored, processed, transmitted or maintained using our products or services
- File system information such as the configuration of any device registered for use with our Platform
- Technical information including IP addresses, browser type, device type, internet service provider, etc.
We may collect contact information and personal information on the Platforms. For example, we may collect your phone number when you use the Platforms. We also collect your name, email address and street address if you register with us.
We may collect information about your device and Internet usage. If you use the Platforms, we might collect information from your computer or phone. We may also collect information about the parts of our Platforms you use or third party apps or websites you visit when you leave our Platforms. We may work with third parties who collect information about you when you use our app.
We may collect other information. For example, we may collect your location using GPS, a cellular network location, Wi-Fi networks, browser services, or information you provide. We might look at how often you use the Platforms.
Aggregate Information. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may use, process, transfer and store customer and user data in an anonymous (or pseudonymous) and aggregated manner. We may combine such data with other information collected, including information from third-party sources. By using the products and services, our customers and users agree that we are permitted to collect, use, share and store anonymized (or pseudonymized) aggregated data collected through the products and services for benchmarking, analytics, metrics, research, reporting, machine learning and other legitimate business purposes.
How We Collect Data.
We collect information directly from you. For example, we collect information if you register on the Platforms or use our apps and services.
We collect information from you passively. For example, we may collect information from your phone, like your UDID. Our vendors might also use scripts or other tools to track your activities on our Platform. They may do this to make sure our Platforms function properly.
We may get information about you from third parties. For example, our affiliates or partners may give us information about you. If our Platforms have social media or other app integrations, such third parties may also give us information about you.
We combine information. For example, we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. Or we may combine information we collect online with information we’ve collected separately. We may also combine information we collect from you with information we receive from third parties.
Why We Use Data.
We use information to administer the Platforms.
We use information to respond to your requests or questions. For example, we might use your information to respond to your customer feedback.
We use information to communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may contact you about our account or feedback. We might also contact you about this Policy or our Terms.
We use information to improve our products and services. We may use your information to make our website, apps and products better. We might use your information to customize your experience with us.
We use information for security purposes. We may use information to protect our company, our customers, and our websites and apps.
We use information for marketing purposes. For example, we might provide you with information about new products and special offers from us. We might also use your information to serve you ads about products and offers. We might tell you about new features or updates. These might be third party offers or products we think you might find interesting. To manage this, read the choices section below. We may also use push notifications on our mobile apps.
Where the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interest, while taking into account any individual interests. Our legitimate interests include providing the products and services, internal record-keeping and administrative purposes and to operate, maintain and improve the Platform.
We use information as otherwise permitted by law.
We use certain automatic data collection technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags and other technologies to collect data, including Personally Identifiable Data, when users or customers visit the Platform, use the products and services or interact with us, and may share this data with our third-party marketing vendors (including for example, advertising networks and providers of external services like web traffic analysis services and analytics tools). We explain these technologies below.
Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed on a computer by a web server when browsing online and are used to store user preference data so that a web server doesn't have to repeatedly request this information. A user may block cookies by activating the settings on the browser that blocks all or some cookies. However, if a user blocks all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies), a user may not be able to access all or parts of our Platform. We use the following cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are required for the operation of our Platform. They include, for example, cookies that enable a customer to log-in to secure areas of our Platform and use e-commerce.
- Analytical and Performance Cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of users visiting our Platform and see how those users navigate our Platform. This helps us to improve our Platform.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies recognize a user that returns to our Platform. This enables us to personalize our content, greet the user by name and remember preferences, for example, choice of language or region.
- Targeting Cookies. These cookies record visits to our Platform and the links followed. We use this information to improve our Platform and ensure the advertising displayed is relevant to users.
Web Beacons. A web beacon is a small pixel incorporated into a web page or email to keep track of activity on the page or email. A web beacon helps us better manage the content of our Platform by informing us of what content is effective.
Who We Share Data With.
We will share information with individuals and companies that you have designated. We do not otherwise sell, trade, or transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Data, except as set forth below.
We will share Personally Identifiable Data with our vendors and partners. These are third parties who perform services on our behalf or who help us to improve our website and products. For example, we may share information with vendors who send emails for us.
We will share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating potential fraud.
We may share information with any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business was sold, we may share information as part of that transaction.
We may share your contact information with other users. You have the ability to opt out of this sharing if you like.
We may share information for other reasons we may describe to you.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our promotional emails, follow the instructions in any promotional message you get from us. Even if you opt out of getting marketing messages, we will still send you transactional messages. These include responses to your questions.
You can control cookies and tracking tools. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. How you do so depends on the type of tool. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. To control flash cookies, which we may use on certain websites from time to time, you can go here . Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
Our Do Not Track Policy: Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
You can control tools on your mobile devices. For example, you can turn off the GPS locator or push notifications on your phone.
Retention Of Data.
We may retain data, including Personally Identifiable Data, for as long as necessary to deliver the products and services or as needed for other lawful purposes. We may retain anonymized or pseudonymized, aggregated data indefinitely or to the extent permitted under applicable law.
Your California Privacy Rights.
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at email@example.com, or write to us at the address listed below. Indicate in your letter that you are a California resident making a “Shine the Light” inquiry.
Subject to applicable data protection laws, customers and users have the following rights with respect to our handling of Personally Identifiable Data:
- Access. The right to access Personally Identifiable Data held by us.
- Rectification. The right to request correction of Personally Identifiable Data that is incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated.
- Right to be Forgotten. The right to request erasure of all Personally Identifiable Data that is incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated within a reasonable period of time. We will do everything possible to erase Personally Identifiable Data if a user or customer so requests. However, we will not be able to erase all Personally Identifiable Data if it is technically impossible due to limitations of existing technology or for legal reasons, such as we are mandated by applicable law to retain Personally Identifiable Data.
- Restriction of Processing. The right to request restriction of processing Personally Identifiable Data for certain reasons, provided we do not have an overriding, legitimate interest to continue processing.
- Data Portability. If requested, we will provide Personally Identifiable Data in a structured, secure, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. If Personally Identifiable Data is processed solely based on consent, and not based on any other legal basis, customers can withdraw consent at any time.
To exercise any of the above listed rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail ClimateCheck, Inc., Attn: Privacy, 100 Northern Ave. Boston, MA 02210. We will process requests in accordance with applicable law and within a reasonable period of time.
Our Platforms are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Data from children under 13 without permission from a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us information, you can email us at email@example.com. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children's privacy on-line here.
Information Storage in the United States.
Information we maintain may be stored both within and outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information to the United States. This site is subject to U.S. laws, which may not afford the same level of protection as those in your country.
The Internet and mobile apps are not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Platforms will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using apps and the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords. To learn more about how to protect yourself online, visit www.ftc.gov .
We keep personal information as long as it is necessary or relevant for the practices described in this Policy. We also keep information as otherwise required by law.
Linking to other sites or have third party services on our Platforms we don’t control.
Contact us if you have more questions.
If you have any questions about this Policy or want to correct or update your information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also write to us at:
1400 Village Square Blvd #3-81914,
Tallahassee, FL 32313-7500
We may update this Policy.
Copyright © 2023 ClimateCheck™, Inc. All rights reserved.